Becoming a Milner Innovation Representative
The Milner Therapeutics Institute is a global therapeutic alliance based in Cambridge, dedicated to the conversion of basic science into
therapies. Its mission is to foster close collaborative interactions between academia and industry to accelerate medical advancement.
- Are you a PhD student or Postdoc interested in translating academic research into therapeutics?
- Would you like to get exposure to world-leading pharmaceutical companies and innovative biotechnology startups?
- Are you passionate about creating a more collaborative culture between industry and academia?
If you can answer “yes” to all of the above questions, then apply to become one of the Milner Innovation Representatives.
- Proactively reach out to other scientists in your department (including PIs, Postdocs and PhD students) to talk about their research, and act as the ‘go-to-person’ for discussions on translation of departmental research.
- Collate non-confidential research interests and findings and report back to the Milner Therapeutics Institute, EPOC and the Innovation Forum Committee
- Facilitate interactions between academicsand the wider network of biotech and pharma companies
- Network with like-minded people from the University and the bio-pharm industry
- Take part in bi-weekly Milner Innovation Representatives meet-ups
- Work as part of a team of 5-10 Milner Innovation Representatives
- Help to shape and develop the programme over the next 12 months
Core Skills required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong scientific acumen and genuine interest in translating research
- Proactive problem-solver
- Good organisational skills and computer literacy
- Leadership experience (e.g. as part of a university club) is a plus
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com by June 29 2018.