From PhD to Professional – where can your research take you in health tech?
March 28 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pmFree
As part of the Cambridge Festival, Connect: Health Tech is holding an event bringing together panellists at different stages of their career journey, to explore and highlight the resources and opportunities the Cambridge ecosystem of research, industry and entrepreneurship can offer.
Early career researchers are dynamic and flexible professionals who can work collaboratively to make positive changes across health tech, this panel discussion will explore their potential for interdisciplinary research and collaboration.
Panellists will reflect on their journey to date, and give their own perspective on opportunities for health tech research, followed by open Q&A discussion with attendees to unpack the best approaches for creating collaborations and engaging with industry and entrepreneurship.
Dr Nicola McCarthy, Interim Deputy Director, Milner Therapeutics Institute will introduce the panel. The panel discussion will be followed by networking.
- Dr Sam Nallaperuma (Postdoc Bye Fellow, Department of Engineering, University of Cambridge; Chris Abell Postdoc Business Plan Semi-Finalist)
- Dr Namshik Han (Group Leader, Milner Therapeutics Institute, University of Cambridge; Co-Founder and CTO, CardiaTec Biosciences)
- Dr Cathy Wilson (Assistant Professor, Department of Pharmacology, University of Cambridge)
- Professor Jeremy Baumberg (Director of the Nanophotonics Centre, Cavendish Laboratory, University of Cambridge)
- Dr Peace Atakpa (Alan Wilson Research Fellow; Postdoc, Department of Pharmacology, University of Cambridge)
Register at: eventbrite.com/e/from-phd-to-professional-where-can-your-research-take-you-in-health-tech-tickets-516718507967